Most Effective Room Air Purifier Best of 2022
With pollution levels worldwide rising at an alarming rate, air purifiers have emerged everywhere promising to save the world. But with the rise in demand, there has also been a rise in various choices that the consumer might run into. While outdoor air pollution leads to serious health problems, indoor air pollution is no slouch.
According to the WHO, 4.3 million people die from being exposed to household air pollution. To fight this, several companies have come up with their solutions in the form of air purifiers which promise to improve the quality of the air indoors in a very short period. Within 2 hours, some models can improve the air quality from a dangerous level to one that is better for your health. So, in this piece, we have listed some of the best air purifiers which you can find on the market as of now.
The Best Air Purifier in 2022 For Your Home Use
These devices were arrived at after extensive research on each of the products and after looking up various test results and customer feedback to ensure that your voice was included and not ignored. Every customer feedback was taken into account and given due credit. So, without further ado, let us dive right into the list.
01. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
It is one of the quietest and most efficient air purifiers that you can find on the market right now. It might just be the best. It is inexpensive, efficient, quiet, and durable. What else could anyone want in an air purifier? It can reduce air particulate pollution in an average-sized home by more than 85% in just a period of fewer than 20 minutes, which is incredible. It has 5 settings with an ionizer as an option for each of them.
- Very efficient and can be whisper quiet if needed.
- appealing and modern design which makes sure that it only adds to the beauty of your home and does not stick out like a sore thumb.
- Amazing build quality.
- Great price.
- Perfectly sized while getting the job done well (if not better than competitors which are priced more than this).
- No spare parts available.
02. Biota Bot MM208 Air Purifier
This purifier by Biota is most suitable for people with allergies because it was designed keeping that in mind. It has 7 stages of purification with a UV sterilizing function which destroys any microbial molecular structure of DNA or RNA that might be around in the air. Has an activated carbon filter in it which removes all odors from the air for a fresh experience.
- Has most of the features that you can expect from a product including UV, Activated Charcoal, and TRUE HEPA technology which means that it will purify your air almost as good as any other models out there, if not better.
- Has an Auto mode which means you will not have to fumble with all the different modes that it has available if you just want to turn it on and let it do its job.
- Beautiful sleek design which can be placed almost anywhere in a room.
- None as such.
03. Hamilton Beach TrueAir Ultra Quiet Air Cleaner
This is one of the cheapest options available in the market right now. But do not let the price fool you. Despite being so cheap it gets the job well done, but it does come with some cons as you would expect at this price point. Because of its size, it is not very suitable for very large rooms but it is easy to maintain and comes at a great price.
- Great price for the performance offered.
- Great for smaller rooms of about 160 square feet.
- compact which means that it does not take up a lot of space.
- HEPA support which means that it removes most particulate matter from the air.
- Not good for larger rooms because of their smaller size.
- Not TRUE HEPA support which means that there are viruses and bacteria that it cannot destroy.
- Not very silent.
04. Blueair Classic 505 Air Purifier
This purifier is probably one of the most expensive (if not the most expensive) options on this list. And that is because it is loaded with features. It has TRUE HEPA enabled by HEPASilent technology, is WiFi enabled, is Alexa compatible, can clean the air of a room over 700 square feet, and has a smoke top filter with activated charcoal. You can change fan speed and control other things using your smartphone because this one is WiFi enabled. If you have Alexa, you can also control it using your voice for a true smart home experience.
- Loaded with all the purifying features you can expect in an air purifier and more.
- WiFi enabled which means you can control it using your smartphone by downloading the Blueair Friend smartphone app.
- Alexa compatible which means that you can control it with your voice if you have Alexa in your home.
- Not an appealing design and because of its size, it might be an eyesore for some people.
- Dust collects very quickly in the internal components.
05. PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier
This is another well-priced product by PureZone. It has True HEPA support which means it removes almost 99.9% of the pollutants in your room and is also very silent. Also has a UV-C light system built in which just adds to the purification it is capable of.
- 3-in-1 filter means that it combines the power of a pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and HEPA filter in one machine to provide the best possible experience.
- Has an automatic timer built in which can come in handy if you want to, for example, leave home and make sure that the air is purified before you come in after work.
- Very silent.
- Is only suitable for small rooms up to 200 square feet.
- Dust accumulates much more easily than expected and it is not particularly easy to clean it up.
06. LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier
LEVOIT is also not a particularly well-known company which makes it hard for consumers to trust the product, but once you get past that hurdle, it is a really good product for the small price tag it carries. Despite the uninspired design, it functions well and is as good as you can expect at the price point. Not only does it have features like a True HEPA filter but also has an added little touch of a Night Light which can come in handy at times (for example, if you intend to keep it in your baby’s room).
- Great price and good performance for the price.
- True HEPA filter means that it will remove almost all of the pollutants that might be present in the air.
- 100% Ozone free thus it is safer for the environment as well.
- Uninspired design.
07. GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier
This is another product by a lesser known company which is good for its price. With True HEPA support, it will capture 99.9% of dust and allergens in your environment. With its unique 22-inch tower design, it is ideal for not only small rooms but medium-sized ones as well, as large as 7-800 square feet which is plenty for most people, and great at this price point.
- Great price for the performance you are getting.
- True HEPA support which means that 99.9% of the pathogens in the air will be captured.
- Has UV-C light support as well which kills airborne germs for a healthier experience.
- Tower-based design means that it is good for most room sizes as large as 7-800 square feet.
- Not properly quality checked which means that some parts get damaged way too easily or way too early.
- Very loud.
08. Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier
This is one of the worst-looking models on the market, so if you are all about aesthetics, then you should not even consider this one. But if you don’t care about how this thing looks but rather how it functions, then you can think about it. The design, despite being an eyesore, allows for a 360-degree airflow which means that your room’s air will be cleaned faster and more efficiently than most other products.
- Function over form design which leads to more efficient and fast cleaning.
- True HEPA support which leads to the removal of up to 99.9% of pathogens in the air.
- Has an indicator that lets you know if you need to change or clean the filters.
- Does not look that great.
- Very loud.
09. Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier
Winix is also a lesser-known brand when it comes to air purifiers, but this product is loaded with features and is ideal for you if you have a small room and are looking for something sleek that just works. With True HEPA support, it is no slouch when it comes to cleaning the air, and the built-in smart sensor that automatically detects how the purifier should run means that you do not have to worry about going through a whole bunch of modes before realizing which one you need the most.
- With True HEPA and PlasmaWave filters, this model captures pollutants, breaks down odor, and kills pathogens without any harmful ozone emission.
- Smart sensor automatically does all the work for you so you can just push a button to turn it on and it will do the rest on its own.
- Great for medium-sized rooms of around 350 square feet.
- Not suitable for big rooms.
- Not compact even though it is best used for smaller rooms.
10. AZUES Air Purifier for Large Bedroom, Home & Office
This is among the coolest and the most powerful air cleaner on the market. It’s another name of a lesser-known company that’s good for its CDAR 210 +. It collects almost all the dust and allergens of your atmosphere with True HEPA power. The middle of the floor is the perfect place to adjust, because of its distinctive design. It is also suitable for small, but also medium-sized spaces, with a covering from 380 to 540 square feet that is sufficient for most people and perfect.
- Excellent price for the results.
- True support for HEPA ensures that nearly all pathogens are trapped in the breeze.
- Has a built-in timer to shut down to hold your energy when you are dormant.
- Tower-based styles are perfect for most room sizes up to 540 square feet.
- A downside is that you can’t put it in a kitchen, or parking lot.
Things you should consider before buying
- Operating costs: As is the case with any other electronic equipment, there is a cost to using an air purifier. Most models have annual operating costs of $150 to $200 for filter replacement and electricity charges (with the majority of that cost being for filters). Filter prices can range from around $10 each going up to well into the hundreds. Some units use a pre-filter to capture large airborne particles before they reach the HEPA filter which extends their life. Depending on your use case, you have to change the carbon filters every 3-4 months and the main filter at least once a year.
- Quietness: If the noise level of the air purifier you purchase is not under control, it will soon become annoying and distracting especially if you work or sleep with it running. It is better to purchase a bigger purifier and run it at a lower speed rather than purchasing a smaller one and cranking it up to the max.
- Room size: Sounds pretty straightforward but most people overlook this when they are making their air purifier purchase. Some purifiers are designed to work best for smaller rooms while others are designed keeping bigger rooms in mind. While the latter can very well work for the former use case but the reverse is often not true.
When choosing an air purifier, first consider your indoor air quality needs. If you have allergies, you should choose an air purifier that was designed keeping that in mind. HEPA air purifiers are good enough for most cases, but you can look for UV-C and/or activated charcoal filters as well on top of that. If you suffer from asthma or if your symptoms are triggered by odor and chemical pollutants, you’ll want to consider a purifier that removes those from the air. If you consider all that has been mentioned in this article, you will find the product you are looking for.
Do Air Purifiers Work for Allergies
Air purifiers can be a great way to keep your home healthy and clean.
However, it’s important to note that air purifiers are not meant to remove all allergens. They are not a substitute for allergy medication.
How Long Does An Air Purifier Take To Clean A Room
Air purifiers have a limited lifetime, but they can be expected to last for about 5 years.
The longer you use the device, the more likely it is that the filter will need to be replaced. In the first year of use, you should expect to replace the filter every 1-2 months; after that, it may only be necessary once every 6 months.
Where To Position The Air Purifier In The Bedroom
There are also several different ways to use an air purifier in your bedroom:
One option is to place it near a window that opens into the room (this is the most common placement). This way you’ll be able to enjoy the fresh air while still having access to any pollutants inside your home whenever you want them gone!
Another option is by placing it on a wall opposite (or above) where you sleep at night (this placement works best if there isn’t anywhere else available for placement). This way you’ll get all of those pollutants out of your home without ever having them near your bed or breathing zone!